Friday, January 22, 2010

Humbled by Haitians

In the past, I often wished for a nice bed in my own room not on a ship. Sometimes it gets old sleeping in a bunk bedroom with several other people. However, this experience has made me very grateful for what I have. I am so grateful that at the end of the day I have a hot shower and clean covered bed waiting for me. Additionally, it makes me sad to think of the trauma all the children I am seeing are experiencing in their young lives. My childhood was all rainbows and lollipops compared to what these children are living through. It is difficult to listen to screaming children all day as I treat them and to think of the sad circumstances in which some of the kids endure, but I am glad I can help. I feel like I am really making a difference here in Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment