Monday, February 15, 2010

The Work Slows Down

Recently several babies with medical cases are coming into the clinic. Today I gave several babies children’s Tylenol. Mothers are very thankful even when they just get Tylenol and vitamins, and it is a good experience for me. I am developing better communication with the Mexican doctors. I consult them on X-rays or anything I need, and I can understand when they sign to me that it is not broken and I just need to splint and do medication or when it is more serious. They have a sign for not serious with the illness cases also and then I know to just get Motrin and move them along. Sometimes if the clinic is slow, I’ll put a little extra care into cleaning up some minor cuts and putting Bacitracin and Band-Aids on people. Even if it is something minor they can do themselves, I think sometimes people just want some attention and someone to show they care.

No comments:

Post a Comment