Monday, February 15, 2010

Rewarding Work- 21 January 2010


Today was another busy day at the clinic. I am however amazed at how much more organized things are becoming--from triage, to tents for people to wait in, to all the labeled supplies, it is getting much better. Today I learned how to do a fiberglass cast, how to clean a burn and how to treat a gunshot wound. A bullet can actually stay in a person his or her whole life, unlike the movies would lead you to believe. I am so thankful for this training opportunity. Today I also learned more about giving injections and treating children. It is sad to see so many children going through so much trauma at such a young age. I am glad I can help out though. I really enjoy this work. I can’t wait to learn more at PA/medical school. I really like a having a day job again where I sleep at night. I am so glad my chain of command is supporting me in this operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment